Thursday, January 8, 2015

Not So Blue Hair

Ok. I've been harping on about wanting blue hair for a while now. The first time I tried it, the dye didn't work well and I ended up with greyish green, almost black, hair. So, that was a bummer.

But now, the Manic Panic dye that I ordered from Amazon finally arrived! The colour I chose was Blue Moon. It's bright, blue and beautiful. It's the exact shade of blue that I want.

Here's what the catalog looks like.

Cool, right??

To make sure that the colour stands out, I know taht I have to bleach my hair. And I did. Twice. I bleached once to brown and again, about a week later, to a golden brownish colour. I stopped there because I thought it was light enough. The blue is so bright and it should go well on my hair.

I was wrong, of course. I needed to bleach my hair to a pale yellow if I want the blue to be as blue as it is in the picture. So I was a little disappointed by that. By not having blue.

Instead of blue, I have green. Green hair. Which makes sense since the blue was applied to brown hair (I think it makes sense). And I actually like this green. It's a dark, lively sort of green. Not dead grass green. It actually looks like a green of another colour of Manic Panic dye, Enchanted Forest.





I really like this green. I still want blue hair someday but I'm sticking with this green now because I really like it. It looks like an anime character's hair.

I'll update this with a photo once I take a good one. :)

*Update (14/1):


The colour is kinda visible. It's fading a bit now. The green is slowly becoming less enchanted forest, more army green. Which is still very pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Been there! Got my hair dyed at hair dresser. Even with a professional bleaching it and sitting with it in for ages couldn't strip it down to get it light enough for it to end up anything but turquoise when we put the bright blue dye in. Our hair is just too black to get it to that pale blond colour you need for colours to show up brightly unless you're pretty much willing to kill it first!
    I like the colour you ended up with though ☺

    ReplyDelete