Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Stuff!

It it just me, or has everyone's Blogger Dashboard changed? This is super weird. I don't go online for less than 2 days and everything has changed. I'm quite lost in this new design. It's all so uber sophisticated and sleek. I don't like it at all :(

It reminds me of one of those new kitchens with stainless steel everywhere and black counter tops. So lifeless, so steely. Oh well, I adapt easily. This won't be too hard. Right?

Anyways, I'm here to tell the world (because I'm so happy about it) that Mama bought us an Amazon Kindle!! Yes, one of Oprah Winfrey's favourite things! In fact, it was her show that introduced me to it in the first place. An eBook Reader of awesome proportions.

Mama ordered it from Amazon.com and had it shipped here with the help of a friend. We bought an orange leather casing to go with it. It's beautiful. When I first saw it, it looked so fake, like a toy. It's the E Ink Pearl Technology. I downloaded some classics from Amazon, like War and Peace and The Legend of King Arthur. Mum got some of her own romance novels. We're having lots of fun figuring it out.

Reading on the Kindle is not that much different than reading an actual book. Of course, the experience of reading a real book is slightly better, but the Kindle fairs pretty well, especially when you're travelling or if you have no idea what you want to read (because you can bring along so many books).

Anyway, only another 40 minutes till I can taste my Brandy and Chocolate Mousse thingy. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment