Monday, June 3, 2013

Hannibalism

So, I haven't had the urge to write for a while. Which is why this blog has been a little dead.

What can I say? Hmm. Supernatural is on a break before season 9 starts in October. Sherlock and Doctor Who are on hiatus till November. So I've started watching Hannibal. It's quite entertaining.

The entire show is slowly, in the span of 10 episodes, becoming a horror show. It's got the whole American Psycho feel to it. Hugh Dancy is amazing as Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen is  incredible as Dr.Hannibal Lecter (though I've noticed that he has something in common with the Eleventh Doctor; aside from being serial murderers, they both lack visible eyebrows).

Anyways, this is what I have been doing with my time. Watching TV. I've also been studying, which is surprising (to me). I have a little more to catch up on with sociology but I'm actually reading out of curiosity. I find the lack of slides or guide a little disconcerting but I suppose I should start figuring things out for myself. After all, life doesn't come with instructions. I'm using the course outline to make sure I read what needs to be read. The textbook is incredibly dry, though. Not even Deadpool's witty sarcasm could cure the completely lack of fun in this textbook.

I have also noticed weirdness but that's a story for another post.

For now, I'm enjoying the twisted insights to a psychopaths mind via Criminal Minds and Hannibal.

No comments:

Post a Comment