Monday, February 17, 2014

The Caterpillar You Think You Understand

I wrote a story about a caterpillar today. Nothing special. It was about a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, and the existential crisis it encountered during the process. It got me thinking; if someone read that story, they could infer so much from it; about me, life, what they think I feel or am going through.

But then again, that's not what I put into the story. I didn't project myself onto the caterpillar in the story nor do I think I did it subconsciously. Yet anyone could infer anything from any story by any author. This makes the study of literature nothing but a guessing game.

That's all.

Here's a quote I saw today that I really like:

"God said "Love your enemy," and I obeyed him and loved myself." - Khalil Gibran

p.s: Here's another thought: The internet used to be a place where people were honest but if you look closely, you'll see the mask that is thickening over everyone's emotions. You can't see the truth if they don't let you. (This could be another one of those non-relevant/related things where people infer stuff from, or it could be a mask. I guess you'll never know)

No comments:

Post a Comment