Monday, November 15, 2010

Great Things To Me...

So, I finally got a sewing machine!~ Aunty Jula gave me hers. She hasn't been using it for a while so she passed it on to me. It's exactly the type that I wanted. The old, black sewing machine with gold and silver patterns attached to a wooden table and works with a pulley system. I can just feel my collection of old things starting up. I'm an old soul. I certainly love technology and all its perks but mostly, the olden days are more my type. Very raw and some might even say primitive. To me, old things are just beautiful, full of history and completely irreplaceable. This sewing machine is a first dream come true. The belt might need to be changed before I'm able to use it properly but it's so worth it. I need to get it checked and fixed soon. I just cant wait to sew! I'm stoked. Once I get the belt done, I'm going to learn some elementary sewing techniques. Simple things like attaching a zip or removing sleeves are, at the moment, totally beyond my abilities. Not for long though, not for long.

Another great thing is that the holidays are finally here! I'm starting work on Wednesday and I'm am thrilled. However, June's absence sort of dampens my spirit but I am determined to make it as awesome as I remember. I've never worked with Aqil at the stand or my brother in the bar so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Things will be different for sure, what with so many new faces but somehow same as ever:) I hope I can still remember my training. It's been quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment