Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mars

I finally feel like typing so here I am. I do not feel like editing though, so I apologise about the lack of colour or any spelling errors that may or may not occur:)

Let's talk, or type, about guys. It seems to me that they're the one topic we, as in women, can never get enough of. On one hand, they dependable, caring, protective and funny. On the other, they're annoying, clueless and amazingly complex (but they don't know it). I'm going to start with the first set of assets. Dependable (some are), caring (most are), protective (they all are) and funny (to each his own). I find that most guys are dependable, if and when they choose to be. It may seem to us that they're more committed to their friends but I think that's only because we see what we want to. Girls are pretty needy even when they think they're not. There's nothing wrong with being a little selfish but we sometimes put too much stress on them to spend time with us. We have to understand that they need some guy-time. They may not put it that way but that's exactly what it is. They like spending time with us but sometimes they just need to escape. We all need it from time to time. The thing about guys is that they care but they don't really show it. My brother is exactly the same way. Once, I drove late at night (which is unusual for me) to my best friends house to collect something. The last thing I expected was for my seemingly uncaring brother to call me, sounding all worried, asking me where I went at 12am. I was pleasantly surprised and a little annoyed at his tone (which was angry). He was trying to scold me for being late without revealing how worried he was. It's those things they do that we forget. Sometime, we get upset at them when it's not even their fault. We, women, have to start understanding ourselves. We have to start learning the difference between being angry at the situation or being angry at the person.

However, as sweet as they are, guys are most of the time a lot to deal with. They can be so clueless. Sometimes, they genuinely blur and we'll have to explain things one step at a time. Other times, they use our assumption of how blur they are to cover up mistakes or escape from actual thinking. They think we're complex? I have news for you. They worse! They have the same syndrome as girls. "If you don't know whats bothering me then I'm not saying". That's one really dumb and costly syndrome to have. How is anyone supposed to know what's bothering someone else if they don't say anything? We're supposed to mind-read, is it? Girls do it to guys and unfortunately, guys have started doing it to girls too. The only difference is, we girls can't keep shut and we end up telling them whats wrong. Guys, however, would rather not tell but then get upset all over again when the same thing happens. If you don't want history to repeat itself, let the other person know! So then, if he/she repeats then mistake, they'll know it. As opposed to them repeating the mistake and being completely clueless as to whats making you all taciturn. They like to think that they're the simple folk but that statement right there just proved that guys are as complex as girls! Sometimes, I just wish I could sit them (guys) down one by one and explain to them exactly what they need to know. 'Why is that person angry?', 'why did she say that?' or 'why is she crying?'.  I feel like shaking some sense into them. I'm sure guys sometimes feel the same way about us.

The same goes for girls. I think the two sexes just need a dash more patience to understand their counterparts. It take effort on both sides but its for the greater good, no?!

How's that as 'food for thought'?

No comments:

Post a Comment