Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yoga vs Gym and What's next..

So, it's a debate. Should I start yoga classes, or should I get a gym membership?

Yoga:
It's calming and peaceful. There's little running or weightlifting involved, which is appealing to me. Yoga seems very.. me. I like the concept and I think it's a great way for me to learn to shut down my brain and just relax. However, it might get boring after a while and I don't know much about yoga. I can learn, yes, but I don't think I'm the 'focus-your-energy-to-your-centre-of-gravity' kind of person.Quiet, yes, but not that.

Gym:
Running, weightlifting and a whole lot of sweating. I might just give up after two tries! And then there's this: I can go when I'm free, but will I ever? However, I can do a whole lot of things at a gym. I can choose to exercise or join classes. Di samping it, My main aim is to get fit, build up some strength so I can do all the things I've wanted, like climbing Mt.Kinabalu. Also, it's easier to find a gym. Hmm..

And the conclusion is...!

GYM!

Now, the next question.. Which one?
Celebrity Fitness vs Fitness First

Celebrity Fitness:
They have a lot of dance classes and yoga. Variety is good. I can try out different things and see what fits. It's more aerobic, kind of what celebrities goes for, obviously. They're all glamorous and what not. It seems ok. They have personal trainers I can ask for advice from. There's a branch in Subang Parade, which is near. There's also a 7-day free trial I can apply for.
Price: TBC

Fitness First:
They have classes too but mostly exercising stuff like combat and cycling. They seem to be more fitness oriented and less glam (which is fine with me). Also, it seems like a place I can just keep to myself. I can just go there, exercise for an hour then go home. They have an assessment thing so I can figure out what kind of 'fitness programme' (their words) I need. There's a 7-day free trial here too. There's a branch in Asia Jaya (nearby, so I can go after school) and one in Summit and another in Empire (near home.. or as near as can be)
Price: TBC

Now, some phone calls have to be made. Also, some financial assessments. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment