Friday, November 16, 2012

The Family Of Blood, The Fury of the Time Lord.

So, I'm nearing the end of series 3 now. Of Doctor Who.
Tenth Doctor. Martha Jones.

To be honest, I miss Nine and and I really miss Rose. Nine was fantastic. His reactions, his character. Just fantastic. And then there's the relationship with Rose. Just love. Complete love.

And Ten, his love for Rose is just as great. I mean, technically speaking, it's the same person. Realistically speaking, different people. The relationship they had, man, was it intense. I loved it. And I miss her. And I like the fact that he still remembers her. She definitely had an impact on him.

And Martha. She's really just a travelling buddy to him. He cares about her, for sure, but I don't think he loves her. Not the way he loves Rose. On the other hand, he actually sat down and told her his story. The entire story. Because she asked, well, staged a sit in actually. That's what I like about Martha. She's strong and she never gives up.

But David Tennant, though. He's brilliant. Seriously. He's just so intense. He's witty and sarcastic and quirky. I like how he starts speaking really fast when he's on the verge of a breakthrough. And the anger you can see in his eyes when someone threatens an innocent life. Nine was like that. So is Ten. It's the love. When innocent people people are threatened, he's angry. But when Rose is threatened, nothing can stop him. Nothing.

It's the same with Martha but slightly different somehow.

Anyways, I love the scene when Cassandra takes over Ten's body. David Tennant plays sassy very well. And when Donna suddenly appears in the TARDIS. His face is priceless! AND, AND, the Family of Blood episode.

That one is my favourite so far. The Doctor becomes human, hiding the Time Lord part of himself in a watch because he's being hunted. They (as in him and Martha) need to lay low for 3 months because that's when the Family of Blood will die.

Being human. John Smith. A teacher. And he falls in love. With a nurse. Who is not Martha!

And he's so scared. Just terrified when people are telling him what he has to do. That he has to open the watch and become the Doctor again. He's just terrified. Because he's only human. He has no idea that he's actually a Time Lord. It's the stuff of nightmares to him. Also, he'll have to leave his love.

I’m John Smith! That’s all I want to be, with his life and his job…and his love. Isn’t that enough?

John Smith knows that the Doctor cannot settle down. He's a Time Lord. It's a luxury they don't have.

David Tennant though. Seeing him be so normal. falling in love. Being nervous around a lady. Blushing. It's just...

And when he's scared. I can feel the pain.

Martha tries to explain that he told her what to do. To look after him. Keep him safe. But he never told her what to do if he fell in love. And John Smith's reaction to that:


See the pain! Ergh!

So yes, I take my hat of to David Tennant.

Sometimes we just forget how quirky the Doctor actually is. But now we see it. The human part of him. AND let me tell you, this brought me to tears. Seriously.

It's sad though. Because it's true. The Doc never made an allowance for love because he never expected it. That's sad.

Ok. Yes, that's my rant about this episode. Can't wait to watch the next one.

I really love how David Tennant characterises the Doctor. Ad the fury of the Time Lords! That part was terrifying, if you were part of the Family of Blood. That part just proves how powerful Time Lords actually are.

"He never raised his voice, that was the worst thing. The fury of the Time Lord. And then we discovered why. Why this doctor who had fought with gods and demons. Why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind. He wrapped my father in unbreakable chains, forged in the heart of a dwarf star. He tricked my mother into the event horizon of a collapsing galaxy, to be imprisoned there. Forever. he still visits my sister, once a year, every year. I wonder if one day he might forgive her. he trapped her inside a mirror, every mirror. If ever you look at your reflection and see something move behind you just for a second, that’s her. That’s always her. As for me, I was suspended in time, and the doctor put me to work, standing over the fields of England, as their protector. We wanted to live forever,so the doctor made sure that we did."

Gave me chills.

So yea. Go TEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment