Saturday, May 14, 2011

Failed Escapade (Malu lah!)

Saturday, oh Saturday! Why for art thou incredibly soporific? Might not I be blessed with adventures, how ever small?

And so, I took it upon myself to explore.

I am proudly Malaysian. However, I have never seen the Tugu Negara. I don't even know where it is (as I've undoubtedly proven to myself today). Therefore, mama and myself decided to take a trip to Lake Gardens to see the Tugu Negara (and the Chocolate Factory/Farm thingy nearby there).

And so we set off in our orange car towards Lake Gardens. It was beautiful! Lake Gardens, I mean. The trees were old and graceful. The sky was blue and happy. On the down side, we never found the monument. We drove three times in and around Lake Gardens but the monument remained elusive. Malu la! A Malaysian, driving around aimless, looking for the National Monument. What a shame.

And so, we decided to head towards the Way of the Sun to get me a new pair of shoes. I tell you, the number of shoes I saw today was enough to put me off shoes for a while. There were strap-py shoes, beaded shoes, boring shoes, old lady shoes, hooker shoes, flats, heels, stilettos, wedges, leather, canvas, pumps and even a combination of one or more. You'd think I would be able to find a pair I liked in that mass. But alas, it was not to be. We walked into 4-5 different shoe stores, saw countless pairs of shoes and I found nothing, NOTHING at all that caught my eye. I am still stuck with my black n green flip flops and heels that are begging for retirement.

Where might I find some shoes that are suited to the taste buds of my foot?

Anyway, mama managed to find something she liked. A beautiful, flowing, black blouse. It suits her. Once again, we've managed to not accomplish what we planned and yet accomplished something anyway, totally unplanned. Something I should get used to.

Worry not, though. I have Googled the map to the Tugu Negara and intend on pursuing it once more. :) Hopefully I'll have some new shoes by then.

On a more emotional note, I feel kinda hopeless. My crush ends up with my friend. Never fails to happen. Whats up with me? Heading nowhere perhaps? My farm house, garden, old VW and a steady job in social service seems ever so solid. My love life, however, is a whole different story. Never to be told beforehand?

No comments:

Post a Comment