Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rambling On...

53 days till the SIMPLE PLAN concert!

Hey one and all. Today, I would like to ramble. :) Yes, I do that often but beware that this time, I am going to ramble on with no organisation or structure.

I realised that I have no idea where I'm going to be in 5 years. The most obvious reason being I'm not a psychic. Add to that the fact that I don't really have my future all planned out. I mean, yes, I know what I want to study when I get into a university, but I have no idea where that will take me or in fact, if I'll actually stick to this course at all. So, in essence, I'm going in blind. I don't really have a problem with that because I know (don't ask me how) that I will end up happy. I'll spend my life doing something I love that makes me happy and surrounded by people I love who make me happy. It's like, I know there's light at the end of the tunnel but I don't know what the tunnel holds for me or how long it is. I am sure that it's going to be one hell of a journey though.

Oh and also, I've been hit by this self conscious bug. I realise that I haven't been all that good. I lost my temper, I've been cranky for no apparent reason, and I haven't been paying much attention to anything. I should really switch gears. Keep self checking and all that. I should keep a mirror with me at all times!

I think sometimes we don't realise what we do. We think we're doing OK, that we really are on the straight road but then something snaps and suddenly, we don't know when we went wrong. I don't mean our actions. I mean attitude and behaviour. That's really not something we keep in check all the time because we're so busy chasing whatever it is we're chasing. We lose track and sometimes we need help finding our way back. Most of the time, it's just about realising that we went wrong. It's not easy to keep checking in with yourself, but everyone should make a conscious effort. I will do my best on this.

You know, I really can't stop thinking about Simple Plan's concert. I'm telling anyone who will listen! I don't blame me la, because I've been a fan of them for about 7 years now but I've never seen them live! It's an insult to SP fans everywhere. They came once in 2004 (I think) but it was an invite only show at Zouk. The only way to get tickets was to win them or hope for an invite (I don't know by who). After all these years, they've probably went around the world about 5 times touring. Finally, they're coming back here! I think I kind of get why they waited so long before coming again. They don't really have a huge fan base here in Malaysia. They have more crazy fans in Singapore and Indonesia than here in Malaysia. I mean, it wouldn't be all that fun to come to a show where the audience isn't made up of 50% die hard fans, right?

But still, I'm glad that they're coming in January. I'm going to go all out crazy astronaut SP fan girl on that day! (SP fans call themselves 'Astronauts' after one of their latest songs) Maybe I'll make a sign? That's what crazy fan girls do right? Also, I'll be sure to get Rockzone tickets so I can rock out the entire time right in front of the stage. :) Hopefully they have a meet and greet session we can all go to as well. It's going to be spectacular! I really cannot wait.

I'm thinking about Simple Plan night and day. I'm listening to their songs non stop and keep checking into their website and twitter for updates. I'm getting all hyped up for this concert. Who knows when I'll see them again? They're going to be in Europe next year for a few concerts but unfortunately for me, they'll be there around March. I'm only going to be there with ma and bro in May. Maybe they'll have more shows? Ah well, seeing them perform live here at home will be enough to sustain me for a long time. I think I'll be OK even if I don't get to meet them and take a picture or whatever. At least I get to finally see them live:)

STPM is going fine. The first paper was good. Much better, in fact, than I've ever done. I'm happy about it. The next paper I have to tackle is BM 2 and Economics (Macro and Micro). I think once I'm done with those 3, I'll feel a lot better. I'll definitely feel more relaxed. Only 8 days of till I'm shot of these 3 papers. After that, I'll be home free for Literature (which isn't really so bad). This is another thing I can't wait for. No, not Literature. I'm talking about the end of STPM!

Gotta get my hands on Simple Plan's GET YOUR HEART ON! and soon too... lots of songs to enjoy before the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment