Saturday, February 25, 2012

Allan Waters Humanitarian Award

At the Juno Awards (music awards in Canada), there is one special award given out to 'recognise outstanding Canadian artists whose humanitarian contributions have positively enhanced the social fabric of Canada'. This is called the Allan Waters Humanitarian Award.

And guess what? The award this year goes to the boys of SIMPLE PLAN!

I'm so proud of them! Their efforts and the work by the foundation, The Simple Plan Foundation, are being recognised. I just wanted to get this out there. This is just amazing. To know that, firstly, they still keep the foundation going strong and that their effort is being honoured, it's huge!

I'm so proud of them!

They've donated more than $750,000 to various youth-focused charities since December of '05 both in Canada and around the world and after their most recent benefit concert with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, they've now donated up to one million!

Each year, they make more than 20 donations. They've help organisations such as War Child Canada, Kids Help Phone, The Lighthouse - Children and Families, St. Justine hospital and tons more. For every concert ticket sold on every tour this year, $1 goes to the foundation. Also, every new SP Crew fan club membership will also make the same donation.

Isn't this great? The guys are too humble to brag, so I'm gladly doing it for them. Honestly, I'm just so proud of them (I think I already said that). They've done so much for people. Their love for their fans is just amazing. They started the foundation after hearing all the stories from their fans about how difficult things get for them. They wanted to help and so they are.

They truly deserve this award. I know for sure that they'll keep going. This is just the beginning. And I'm glad to say, thought it's not much, I donated $2 to the foundation. One day, I hope I can do more.

Congratulations guys, you're awesome.
Stop dreaming, start playing!

These men, these men...


No comments:

Post a Comment