Friday, June 18, 2010

An Uncommon Love

First up, I followed ma to work yesterday because I needed to go to the MPH Bookstore in MidValley. I'm looking for the text for STPM English Literature. Let me tell you, I've never been so diappointed in bookstores (not just MPH but others as well) as much as this. They only have one or two of the required text and even that is not satisfying because of the horrid font size. It's impossible to thoroughly enjoy a classic when you need a magnifying glass to read it. But I'm not giving up. I'm still on a hunt for the text and any past year questions (which MPH used to sell but not anymore).

Moving on, later at night, we went to watch Adam The Musical at The Actors Studio, Lot 10.

It was great. The story revolves around an engaged couple, Adam and Sylvia. Before the wedding, Sylvia finds out that Adam is HIV positive and she goes through an emotional roller coaster. Finally she decides to..... (go watch it yourself to find out the ending). It's all about the dangers of the times we live in, trying to fight off the stigma surrounding HIV/AIDS patients and trying to bring about awareness regarding the this disease.


My favourite character was the crazy, lady with the wheel chair played by Tria Aziz. She was spectacular. Her character reminds of Belletrix Lestrange in Harry Potter. Wild eyes, crazy hair and cackling laugh. Her solo was really awesome. The gist of it is, live your life to the fullest because life is short but death is an eternity long.

No comments:

Post a Comment