Monday, December 5, 2011

Improvising Fatherhood, a Nate Smith Blog


I stumbled upon this blog a few days ago. It's called "Improvising Fatherhood". It's about 'the comedy about being a dad'. Nate Smith, who is an improv comedian decided to start this blog to record his journey through fatherhood. The main star is, of course, his son Chandler.

Because Nate Smith is a comedian, he has this amazing ability to laugh at anything and make you laugh at anything. He finds laughter and projects it well. Just by reading his posts, I can tell how much he loves his son and his wife and being a father.

I stayed up reading about three quarters of his entire blog. I saw the little man grow up from foetus to 2 years and 3 months old. He's such an adorable baby.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to mention this blog is because I think it's amazing. Nate Smith and his wife are two really funny people who seem to be taking parenthood in their strides. They're having fun and are learning just as much as Baby Chandler is.

I think it's a great idea to document their son's life like this. Who knows what the baby will think when he's all grown up, but for now, this is a great read.

It's really cool to read about the simple things Chandler does that totally mesmerises Nate. Things like calling his father 'Eeeeee!' or dancing when he thinks no one is looking. Add to that how awed Nate gets when his son learns something new. Babies can bring real joy to someone's life and it's wonderful to see just how much joy this one little kid can grant his parents.

Nate can be pretty funny about Chandler, taking pictures and making up stuff that he imagines Chandler would say. It's a lot of fun. Everytime I read it, I can just laugh out loud and completely feel the love they have for each other.

So, I hope people who read this (if there are any) would check out this blog.
Improvising Fatherhood - the comedy about being a dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment