Thursday, December 29, 2011

Les Robots!

Singing la-da-da-da-da~

So, y'all know I'm a huge Simple Plan fan. Well, I have recently become a fan of Sebatien Lefebvre too! Now, if you could, you would ask me who is he? Well, he's one of the guitarists in SP (SP fan's are going, 'duh!'). By the way, I was already a fan of his collectively as a band with the others but now I'm also his fan, solo-wise. 

I know that he has an iTunes podcast with Pratick Langlois (former SP web guy) called Man of The Hour. It's like a radio thingy (I'm quite sure that there's supposed to be an 'idobi' in there somewhere). They're now on their 8th season! Sadly, I've never listened to any episodes. They talk about music, they sing and lots of other stuff too.

Anyway, that's not the point. Here's the point. Seb also has an EP (I'm googling that as we sp-... erm, as I write). He released the first EP (An EP, short for extended play, is a musical recording which contains more music than a single, but is too short to qualify as a full album) in 2008. I only heard one song from that called "I Fall For You". I heard in on Youtube. The video was directed by Chuck (SP drummer). It was amazing! 

I've always loved Seb's voice. It's very different from Pierre (lead singer) or David (bassist). It's kind of soothing and light. Another way I can describe it is that it has this smoky-ish quality to it when he sings low. He also has this unique pronunciation. Mostly it's normal but his tongue is either longer or shorter than normal. I love his voice.

So, I decided to go looking for his second EP, "Les Robots" which means "Spam" according to Google Translator. I wanted to listen to the previews at least (I think his first EP costs 7.90 USD or something). To my delight, I found that Seb put the EP on his website (I don't know about it till today) and is allowing everyone to download it for free! YES!

That's exactly what I did. I downloaded the entire EP, all 7 songs. Now to the important part; "Les Robots" rocks! It's so different from SP. Seb's songs are laid back and light. It really suits his voice. One song is just instrumental, one is in French and the other five are in English. The French song sounds wicked! It's called "Tu Me Manques" which means 'I Miss You'. I Google-translated the whole song so I could understand it. 

One of the songs he recorded was with Katie Rox (Googling it) called "Catch Me". They sing it together (Katie Rox, born Katie Biever is a Canadian singer-songwriter). Seb sings really low and when I hear it on my headphones, it's like he's right next to me. No joke! If I close my eyes, I could easily imagine Seb singing straight into my ears. I get goose bumps every time.

So, this is my message today: Listen to Sebastien Lefebvre's EP!




Les Robots - EP by Sébastien Lefebvre




No comments:

Post a Comment