Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Round House!

At first, I was going to write abut how cranky I was feeling. Not to worry though, I have just shifted gears. Instead of ultra-cranky me, I'm going to write about my future round house!

For those of you who do not know, I want to live in a round house when I grow up. Queer, yes. It is a little odd that, unlike normal people who want fancy apartments or gigantic square houses, I want a round house. I first decided on this when I read that Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter lived in a round house. That isn't the only reason I want a round house though.

I think round houses are underrated. They're beautiful. Round houses feel almost magical. I don't know how or why but they draw me. And so, I have decided that I want a round house. I wanted to live on a farm first but now, I want a ROUND farm house!

I found this layout on wordpress. I Googled 'round houses' and this is what I found.

Queer Houses for queer people

It's beautiful! I can just imagine how this house would look. Anyway, I used this layout as a guide and designed my own round house floor plan. I don't like the round library and oval parlour (what is a parlour, anyway?). Also, this layout seemed to be a multi-storey house. I'd prefer a single storey round house. So, I worked the floor plan of my future house (using 'Paint' of all programs). Here's how it turned out.

I hope you can forgive the lack of architectural skills in the designing of this floor plan

As you can see, I scraped the whole 'round in a round' idea. Instead, I decided that straight walls, all pointed to the center of the house was the way to go. At first, I designed it so as to have only one bathroom, a communal bathroom, because this is how it is at home. I changed it though because I think having a master bedroom with a personal bathroom might be fun.

Anyway, the living room is connected to the kitchen because I love food and I want easy excess to it. Also, it's fun to watch TV while cooking. Next, the kitchen has a separated wet kitchen area. This gives this house a kind of non circular look but I like the idea of a wet kitchen.

After that, there are three bedrooms. I don't know why I put in three or why I didn't just stop at two or maybe gone to four. As for now, I'll just pretend that bedroom 1 is for mama, bedroom 2 is for bro and bedroom 3 is mine. I'm sure that it will be readjusted as time goes by.

The library is the final room. I wanted a separate room for all my books. I only have one bookshelf full now, but mama has tons and I'm sure I'll be collecting more. Also, I think the library can be a den too. Oh, and as a place for me to display whatever stuff  that I've collected over the years.

There's a staircase in my layout, which is (as I'm sure you would have already pointed out to me if you could) a contradiction of my earlier statement. Yes, I prefer a single storey house. The staircase is there as a backup. And if not, I'll just leave it there to put stuff on! :)

Or maybe, I'll make a tower up there? Yeah, that sounds good! And instead of a staircase, I'll just use a rope ladder and a firemen pole!

Ok, so yeah. This is my plan. Right now, I'm not even 20 yet but I'm sure that in years to come, I will be saving up on cash and learning as many skills as possible so I can build this house with my own hands. Oh, and probably find a husband to humour all my queer dreams. :)

*Preferred materials: Granite and big, big stones like the ones the Egyptians used for the Pyramids! But I'll settle for clay bricks and cement or whatever it is they use these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment