Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holmes


Right now, it's around 11.30pm. I'm going to stay up till around 12.00am because there's a chance that I might win some meet and greet passes for Simple Plan. So while I wait, I thought I'd share with the world some of my thoughts.

I've had an almost complicated start to the new year. I take it as a good sign. Since it started off complicated, it might end easy enough :) Not exactly logical, but simple.

Anyway let's talk about something else, shall we? I just saw Sherlock Holmes today. I have to say, it totally surprised me. I've never read the book but I know that Sherlock Holmes is a detective... blah blah. I was a little apprehensive about the movie because Robert Downey Jr was starring in it.

Don't get me wrong, I love RDJr, I just didn't think he'd be the right guy to play Sherlock Holmes. He's seemed kind of rigid and incapable of bringing to life a classic character. Now I know that I'll probably never make it big as a casting director. RDJr was perfect! He was charming, intelligent, annoying and has impeccable comedic timing.

That movie was great! I'm sure that it didn't stay completely true to the book. I learnt that allowances sometimes have to be made and adjustments are required because what works great in books might no do so well on screen. I think the movie version of Sherlock Holmes is ingenious. My favourite character is Dr. Watson!

Watching that movie today makes me want to do three things (or at least one or two of three things).

  • Watch Sherlock Holmes 1
  • Read as many Sherlock Holmes Novels as I can find
  • Start talking like a Brit
Like I said, one or two of three. :)

Anyway, it's almost 12am now. I can still squeeze in one more thought. Here it is: Try and try again. If you really want something, trying won't feel tedious at all. In fact, it becomes quite interesting.


I'll leave that as it is:)


*I just checked out that possibility I was talking about earlier. As it turns out, they're not giving out meet and greet passes. Instead, I might be entitled to one free Rockzone ticket to watch Avril Lavigne live in KL. Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment