Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Proud Moment in a Silly Hat

I made a cake! :) Not just an ordinary cake. I made Aunty Clara's Almond Butter Cake. Apparently, the GM really likes it. He asked me to make a small one so they could try.

Since I couldn't find any almonds, I use hazelnuts instead. So it became the hazelnut butter cake. Also, I didn't make regular butter cream icing. I made a chocolate butter cream. The whole thing turned out good. I think it was a little too sweet but everyone else thought it was ok. The hazelnut and chocolate icing goes very well together.

Anyway, since the small cake was ok, GM asked me to make a big one. Something they could sell. So I did. I made a bigger cake (almost the size of our cheese cake). I covered it with chocolate butter cream and sprinkled hazelnut on top. It looks quite nice! I feel so bangga!

One thing I've realised, though, is that I don't really like butter cream icing. I think maybe it;s because I had quite a lot of it a while ago. I used to eat the icing while making cakes. I'm fed up of it. Good for me, I guess. Less sugar.

More on food. The ayam goreng kunyit at Kafe An-Nurs is killer! I'm slowly trying out all their chicken dishes and this has to be the best so far. Second would be the ayam masak halia. It has become the place I haunt during breaks. I like it there. :)

I think I'm getting used to work. I feel more comfortable there. I know almost everyones name and I know what I need to do without being told. Of course, I still need some sort of assistance at times but all in all, I'm good. Except for the hat. I feel really silly wearing a hat at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment