Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wreck this Journal

So, I came across this term today; 'Wreck This Journal'. I wanted to know more so, obviously, I Googled it. And here's what I found out. It's the bomb! Haha:) Ok, explanation coming right up.

A woman named Keri Smith came up with this idea of a journal to wreck, literally. Basically, it's just a journal which works like a normal journal, only with a little extra zip. Each page has an instruction which you have to follow such as 'scribble wildly', 'spill coffee' or 'tear out a page and do a one minute sculpture'.

"To create is to destroy"

That's what it's about. Here's Keri Smith's message to the world:


I think it's an awesome idea. The whole concept of living outside the box in a totally small way. Just learning about this makes me feel free-er (not a word right?). 

Also, I think this is a pretty awesome way of breaking the monotony of everyday life. AND, it's something that'll really help us stop worrying about what other's might think of us. I mean, I'm sure you'd be a little worried about the image you'd be putting into the world when people see you 'use a page as a napkin'. People will think you're mad! 

But that's the point isn't it? Stepping outside the confines of your comfort zone. Being totally free of judgement (people are going to judge you anyway, so why let it affect you?). 

Someone on some website somewhere commented that this was a pointless idea, blah blah blah.. Well, firstly, to each their own. Secondly, I think you, sir/ma'am, are a boring person. Third; I won't let you stop me from getting outside the box. Society doesn't dictate my life. 

:)

Anyway, I'm going to try and find this amazing journal. If I can't find it, no worries! I'll just get a regular journal and use the instructions of the website. There's a whole list of stuff to do! 27 to be exact. After I'm done with those, I'll just add on my own stuff to do :)

You might want to try it too. I know you want to ;)
Give it a shot!
HAVE FUN!

Oh and, don't forget to GET YOUR HEART ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment