Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dancing Like The Doctor

Last time I was here, it was November!

So, days have been ok. The sketchy week kinda dragged on for a while but I think it's almost over now. Day's aren't sketchy anymore but I can't guarantee that they're free from spasms of emotional turmoil. Still, pretty good.

I'm now on series 6 of Doctor Who. I like Eleven. I was reluctant to start series 5 because Ten was just perfect in so many ways and I didn't want to be disappointed by Eleven. I mean, what if he was less awesome?? Also, I've read some stuff online about people not being very happy about the kind of Doctor Eleven is and the series in general. So, I was worried.

But I soldiered on and I'm glad I did!

Yes, personally, I think series 5 started a little slow on the emotional upheavals but Eleven is adorable. He's got his own style and he's quirky in ways that Ten never was. Also, he's changed a bit in the general character. The Doctor has always been a no weapons kinda Time Lord. No guns, no violence. Always try and save everyone.

It's different with Eleven . Yes, he doesn't use guns but he's ok with other people using it and he doesn't try as hard to save everyone. However, I don't think this is bad characterisation. I think it's more like the Doctor has evolved. He's been through so much and this is who he is now.

Also, I really like Eleven's inherent weirdness. He's a big 5 year old. Arrogant too but he's earned the right to be. Eleven is twitchy and restless and awkward. It's fun to watch! Matt Smith is doing really well, I think:)

Phew. That's a lot of Doctor Who. Anyways, the series picked up and the emotional upheavals have arrived.  The Van Gogh episode was killer. It really was. I can't wait to finish series 6 so I can move on to the current season :)

Anyways, school has been good. This is the last week of classes for the semester. Which means, exams are next! Fourteen weeks of lectures and it all comes down to 4 days of exams. Oh well. I'm not to worried. I have a plan of action:)

What matters right now is the book sale tomorrow! BIGBADWOLF! ROSE! (That's a Doctor Who reference. Don't mind me:))

So yea, book heaven tomorrow! EHHHE:)

OH! I showed my brother all the sonic screwdrivers online. I want! Ten's, Eleven's, River's (the one Doctor gave her in the future), and the Master's laser screwdriver. I shall collect them! (Which reminds me, Davina has small Dalek thingys!!! AHHH! EXTERMINAAAATE!)

Finally, I'm very excited about this Simple Plan secret santa thing I joined. My secret santa sent me an anonymous message saying that my gift has been delivered! AHH! I can't wait to see it!

AND, I'm going to mail a gift to the one I'm secret santa-ing soon! Just need to get stuff together! This is exciting!

Ok. Food awaits. I'll try not to keep this page un-updated for long ok. Cross my heart.

Here, have this gif of Eleven dancing:

I shall employ this dance move the next time I dance


No comments:

Post a Comment