Monday, December 17, 2012

Focused on Focusing

Have you ever read something you wrote when you were so full of emotions in the past and just cringed? Either because it was a bad piece of writing or you were over reacting or maybe you just can't believe you could have ever felt that way.

It's weird isn't it?

I was reading something I wrote a few weeks back and I can't believe I wrote what I did. The things I said and the emotions I was feeling; it was all so intense and I never thought I'd say those things. I never want to again, either.

I guess sometimes you have to get it out of your system. All those feelings and emotions that aren't necessarily what you feel all the time. Not who you are always, just in the moment. Not a good moment, either. Which is why I love writing. Because I can write and write and make sure I mean what I say. I can make sure I keep these moments of un-me-ness away from people.

Some would say that's not a good idea and that we should be who we are, in good moments and bad, and I agree. But I think moments like these are better left in the closet. Because it's not you. And words can cause a lot of hurt. So sometimes, it's better not to let the world into your head.

Just a thought.

Anyways, I have lots to watch this next few weeks before the semester starts. I'm finally at series 7 of Doctor Who, which is super. I'm also going to start on season 1 of Supernatural. AND, I have a few movies to watch too. So, entertainment, check.

OH! I'm also in the middle of 3 novels right now. One of the dark hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and The Hobbit. Lots to focus on :)

It's going to be a fantastical Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment