Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Subjects.. frm Hell!

School has been good so far. The subjects seem quite difficult but not impossible. General Knowledge is extremely boring, History is deadly soporific, Business Studies might be fun thanks to the teacher and MUET is really interesting. My favourite teacher so far is the Business Studies teacher. He's a joker with a straight face and he makes things interesting. For the first time since I can remember, the introduction of the subject didn't put me to sleep. I wish I could say the same for General Knowledge and History though. Those subjects act as tranquilizers for me. I was trying so hard to stay awake in class and make sure my eyelids didn't droop. MUET was fun for me because, even though I didn't like the teacher, I loved the subject and as people always say, 'Love conquers all'. English has always been the easiest subject for me and so the lessons bore me most times. However, this time, I wasn't even remotely bored because finally, I'm learning things I never knew. I'm definitely going to make sure that it's my best subject.

Fortunately for me, I'm not taking Economics, which leaves me with 3 free periods tomorrow. I'm first going to find out if I'm allowed to use the computer lab. If I am, then I'll spend my time there doing research on English Literature, which I'm taking in place of Economics for STPM. If not, I'll just read whatever novel I have in hand at that time. Pn.Janaky is helping me out with English Literature but so far, we've only got hold of the syllabus. I still need to find the text and read it. Once I'm done with all the text, I need to start intense exercises. I want to master that subject as best I can.

1 comment: