Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bummer

Magic onion was a no go. It didn't work out (for those of you who laughed when you read yesterday's post, I guess I set myself up for it to begin with). Anyway, my flu, instead of getting better, got a lot worse. My fever was raging all through the day and is only just calming down now. My nose is complete blocked and my body feels terribly weak. I've also lost a lot of weight, which is normal for me when I get sick.

The last time I had the flu was on the 7th of December. It wasn't this bad, though. Just the flu, sans the fever. I felt much better then. Imagine, it's only been 2 days in my new school, and I have to skip the rest of the week. All thanks to this abysmal virus. Well, hopefully I'll feel better by Monday. I have a lot of catching up to do and I really need to be healthy. I'm psyched to do the best I can for Form 6 and Monday is when I really start. I don't mean just academically either. They have a Catholic Students Society in LSPJ and I want to get involved. I'm going t o have to build up a lot of physical strength to handle the travelling and distance but I'm sure that won't be a problem. I can adapt.

Here, I want to mention a blog I came across. It's about a lady who is on a mission. Her blog is called New Dress A Day. It's awesome. She gets dresses, for a dollar each from thrift shops, and reinvents them. One dress each day. 365 days, 365 dollars, 365 dresses. This is perfect for the mood I'm in right now. I've always loved sewing and modifying my old clothes and her blog gives me a lot of ideas. Sure, I lack a sewing machine and any real training and knowledge in actual sewing, but that's nothing I can't work on. I have a few great ideas for some old clothes that I have, but I need a sewing machine, so that's my next goal. To get myself a sewing machine. I've always had this interest in old things. Old cars, old decors, and old styles. So, it's only natural that I want an old sewing machine. The totally manual kind, where I have to use my leg to keep it going. However, once I looked at some of the sewing machines for sale, the motor one's actually makes more sense. I can even sew stretchy materials with it as opposed to the traditional machine that one has once kind of stitch. I'm weighing my options and hopefully, once I have enough money, I'll get a good sewing machine. (They're not cheap, new ones. So, I wouldn't mind a second-hand sewing machine)

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to feel miserable again. See Blog ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment