Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Few Things To Be Excited About

First, exams! I know what you're thinking - why one earth is she excited about exams?? Well, to tell you the truth, I just can't wait to go through my first Form 6 exams in La Salle. It's a totally different school than my previous one. Here, they mail the results straight to your parents. How cool is that! Also, I want to make sure that I still have what it takes. Being away from school for almost 6 months has had an impact on me and I want to find out if it's good or bad, academic-wise. It kicks off on Tuesday, and (it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who knows me) I haven't really done any big exams preparations. In my opinion, exams should reflect how much we absorb in school throughout the year, not what we manage to squeeze in the week before exams. Therefore, my total lack of preparations for the upcoming exams. :P

This week is also the week for something really big (school scale big). I won't say anything here though because I don't want to risk anyone finding out ahead of time. I will write about it as soon as I can, I promise.

The next thing I'm excited about is Halloween! This year, I'm going all out. I don't usually celebrate Halloween (it's not a big thing here - slowly rising though) but this year I want to. The theme in Friday's is "Spooky Circus". They've 'spooked' up all the stores and I'm taking my mama and a friend with me to celebrate. I'm going as a mime. Not just any mime though, but a maniacal mime. I not sticking to the traditional French mime style, however. I have this nice mime-like dress which I'm pairing with striped stockings and white gloves. My make up will be awesome! I'm just so pumped up about it. I can't believe I have to wait a whole week for Halloween. I can't believe I can't wait for Halloween. I can't wait! Good thing is, this is an exam week, which means the days will sail by (hopefully time won't pull another one of its tricks on me).

Next up, Pizza! Our Form Six Society is having a pizza sale early next month and I'm experimenting on recipes. They wanted to buy and re-sell Domino's but I managed to talk them all out of that crazy idea. Imagine, buying pizza from a chain store and selling it back to kids in school. Not a good money making scheme. I convinced them to make their own pizza. A lot more fun and they stand to make more cash. It'll be a group effort and everyone can enjoy themselves. It's happening after the exams so I don't think we'll have trouble getting everyone involved. So far, so good:)

Moving on, school holidays are approaching! I'm excited but at the same time, a little apprehensive. I'm looking forward to working again but I'll have to face work without June (who's going off to study in November). I'm going to miss her like crazy. The plus point is that her university is in the same city as my home which makes things simpler. Also, holidays mean Christmas and my road trip. I hope everything goes well. If this works out, it'll be my first step to an around the world adventure. It's a huge thing for me and I want it to work out.

Alas, we part ways for now. I shall be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment