Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Colours in Black and White

Second day of exams. Just as boring as I had expected, even more actually. I slept as soon as I entered class. After that, I heard some people having fun at the back of the class so I decided to join them. They were playing the number game. Pretty childish but immensely fun. Here's how the game goes:

Every has to use only one hand to show any number (holding up one finger or three, whatever they like). Before that, each person will have to choose a number, any number but not exceeding the possible amount (If there are three people playing, the maximum is 15, assuming everyone has 5 fingers on each hand). Then we start. On the count of three, everyone has to show a number. Add it up and if the amount matches someones number choice, they're out. Then the game is repeated with everyone choosing a different set of numbers because the maximum has just been decreased. The last one left gets a punishment. So essentially, you need to escape as soon as possible.

It sounds so complicated when I read it but its actually quite easy to understand. We played a few round of this (I didn't lose, thankfully!) before moving on to some other childhood game. We had lots of fun and made lots of noise. We played till the last minute before the exams was about to start.

This doesn't sounds as boring as I mentioned earlier but to be honest, this was the highlight of the day. Once MUET 3 started, the day went sour again. I finished my paper in less than 45 minutes which left me with about 45 more minutes of absolutely nothing to do. I would have slept but I couldn't. So instead, I redecorated my question paper. Luckily, I took out my colour pencils before starting so I had something to do. I added lots of colour and life to my otherwise boring sheet of black and white question paper. Everyone probably thought I was mad.

After the exams, we had something to eat and then started with the next paper, MUET 4, which is a writing paper. I was excited (obviously because I love writing!). I managed to write exactly 200 words (which is the limit) for question 1 in about 20 minutes. An incredible feat if you ask me. When I started on question 2, it seemed like everyone was still engrossed in the first. Admittedly, that boosted my ego and inflated my head a little. The next essay wasn't too bad but I think it was a little unorganised on my part. I was on the verge of rambling and try as I may to conceal that, it probably shone through strongly. To be frank, I'm more of the fictional or narrative writer. Factually essays don't stimulate my mind as much. Unless, of course, I did some thorough research which would have aroused my interest in writing about it. All I can do now is pray that my writing style impresses my examiner enough to block out my completely unorganised arrangement. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

That's all for now.
Maybe I'll sleep on the carpet tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment