Monday, October 11, 2010

Hyper!

I wish I had an iPad with me at all times. That way, I can blog just about everything I want to. At my current situation, I'm only posting half of what I want to because my brain is just too fast. I can't remember exactly what I want to post and even if I do, it wont be with as much vigour as it should. I really need to find a solution for this. I keep losing a lot of great ideas and phrases :(

Anyway, I was supposed to bake a batman cake for Jaydon's 5th Birthday Party but the cake sank in the middle for reasons beyod my understanding. I put it back in the oven to try and bake the center, which was not cooked, but it didn't work. So then, I thought of buying a plain, undecorated butter cake and ice it myself but the only bakery that would have that cake was closed for the day. In the end, I had to buy a ready-made American Chocolate cake for the little boy. I feel like such a failure. Lucky for me, Jaydon didn't know that he was supposed to get a batman cake. I'm currently guilt-ridden and my ego just got a good bashing!
I hope my others cakes come out well. I don't think my self-esteem can't afford another failure.

Anyway, I re-worked the failed cake. I cut off the sides (which were perfectly baked) and made mini cakes. I used the icing (intended for the Batman Cake) and made personalised decorations. I wrote people's initials on the cake with yellow icing (the background was black). It turned out quite nice, just not what I was expecting (no batman at all!) Predictably, Dinesh whacked, not only his, but Kathiga's cake as well! Visha's got smashed accidentally, so I owe her another one :P

AAHH!! I have so many thoughts passing through my mind right now. I can't even pin-point one idea to write out! (The detriments of having such a hyper-active brain!)

No comments:

Post a Comment