Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BELIEVE and UNDERSTAND

Finally! I've confirmed it. I'm going to Sabah in about 2 weeks! June is taking me with her to Sabah (her aunt is getting married). It'll be my first official step in my adventure around the world. Lo! The world has been made available to me and I shall conquer it (figuratively, not literally).

There's something I remember from a course I went to in church: For I do not seek to understand in order to believe, but I believe in order to understand. For I believe this: unless I believe, I will not understand - St. Anslem of Canterbury

That makes a lot of sense to me in a way I can't explain (or maybe I can if I think it through enough?)

Anyway, school hasn't been good. There were some issues with the Editorial Board and Carom teachers. I got a firm talking to by my Carom teacher for missing sports 3 weeks in a row. In my defense, I only missed 2 weeks; the first week I was only 5 minutes late! Last week, our dear EdBoard teacher decided to have a general meeting with the entire B.O.D and the headmistress. The sports teachers let us go because the headmistress wanted everyone who was involved to attend. Settled (with much noise form the other teachers). This week, Mrs.EdBoard called for another meeting that ate into our sports period. On top of that, I had a CSS meeting to attend to as well. I told the teacher I didn't want to go for the EdBoard meeting because they could have done without me (They did; I was completely ignored when it came to choosing the T-Shirt and name tag designs) but she insisted so I went. Once that was settled, I went to the CSS meeting (for which I was late). That's when my carom teacher called me and gave me an ultimatum about missing sports. I'm sorry but I'm not 12 anymore and I won't sit idly by while I get a firm talking to by someone who knows only half the story and refuses to accept the other half. I just told my teacher that she could mark me as absent and I will bear any consequences that may ensue.  After all, I'm not a robot. I can't be at three places at once. I have a feeling that I've been marked as a minor discipline case. They probably have an eye on me now (which is cool in a way!)

Oh well, school is school and in school I shall remain if I ever want to make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment