Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'VE BEEN BUSY!! ^^,


I MISSED BLOGGING!!!

*Phew* Now that I've got that out. So, I've not been blogging simply because work is taking up most of my time. I really like working, don't get me wrong, but I just wish I had a little more time to relax. I've made some friends and I like them all. My partner in crime is a little lady named June,

and when I say little, I mean it. She's a few inches shorter than me but she's a few decibels louder than me. :) It's really fun working when I have the same shift as June or some of the other SPG's. We laugh and talk all the time and they keep me smiling the entire shift. However, when they're not there, it's a little harder to keep a smile on my face. And besides, my default face is not a smiling, smirking, happy one so it's hard to keep smiling all day. I'll keep trying though.

I went shopping while on my break yesterday (JUSCO started their CNY sale!!) and I bought a few black blouses for work. So now, the GM can't ask me why I keep wearing the same two blouses day in and day out. When he did ask me, my witty remark was 'When will I get my salary??' Anyway, work can be fun but sometimes there are rough patches. Both June and I are new to this job so of course we don't really know how to do everything yet. And if no one teaches us how, we'll never learn.

As SPG's, we're supposed to help the dubs clear the tables and stuff if they're busy. The only problem is we don't know where to send the dishes. First time I ask, they said "send it to the kitchen". When I sent it to the kitchen, they complained I didn't do it right. So I asked again, only then did I get a proper answer on what exactly I should do with the dishes when I take them to the kitchen. After that problem was solved, another one arose. The manager saw a couple of uncleared tables and even though the dubs weren't busy, he asked us to help clear it, so we tried. As soon as we reached the table, the dubs shooed us away saying it's their job and we shouldn't interfere. ??? . So what then should we do?? Also, there's the whole keep-smiling-no-talking issue. Like I said before, it's difficult to keep smiling an entire shift especially when your back hurts from standing so long and you're bored because you can't talk and when the managers themselves don't smile all the time. Smiling: I'll work on it, but no talking? That's just too much. When there's no guest, or when it's not peak hours, why can't we talk?? It's not like we neglect anyone when we do. We still keep an eye out for whatever the guests' need, so why can't we talk and joke around??

So, I'll end what seems to be a long post with a 'tak tau malu' phrase. COME AND EAT IN FRIDAYS!! COME FOR THE FOOD, STAY FOR THE FUN! (And if you're wondering, all our work issues are invisible to the guest, so even if I'm having a bad day, you'll definitely always have a good experience there) haha!!


p.s: I'm missing Dillon Li. I'll come see you ass soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment