Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Missed some things...

I just finished going through my blog and I realise that I've left out some really important updates. So here I am, attempting to fill you in on everything I've missed.



NAD IS IN PENANG!!! Not Perak, but Penang. She got the offer to study culinary arts in UiTM Penang. She was ecstatic and of course a little upset about going so far, but studying what she has always wanted was just too good an opportunity to give up. So that's, where she is now. I've miss her a lot, especially during those times in class when I have no one to talk to and nothing to say (which is almost every second of everyday, except for recess). I don't call her everyday because it'll be bad for my wallet and I have to learn to let go. I can't stick with her every step of the way. She's got a life to pursue and so do I. I wish her all the best, but I still hope I'll wake up one day and Nad will only be 1 kilometre away like she used to be.



We (as in all Lower 6 students) have each been assigned to a teacher (4 students to a teacher) for our R&D project. It's an individual project so I'm happy. Things like this, I'd rather work alone with some indirect help. Group work won't be effective, especially not when we're all so new to each other. Anyway, I've chosen HIV/AIDS as my main subject and 'The Stigma Surrounding HIV/AIDS' as my title. I'm planning to do a paper regarding the level of awareness of high school students about this particular disease. I think it's an interesting topic and a very educational one at that. What's more, I'll have world famous Prof. Dr. Adeeba Kamarulzaman to refer to if I have any questions. All her journals and research papers will come in handy if my supervising teacher accepts my topic. Also, since ma works in a HIV/AIDS research centre, I'll have statistics and other such data at my fingertips. Don't think this is easy though. I may have all these bridges to help me cross the river, but I'll still have to walk it myself. I'm looking forward to starting my project.



Next is my lack of enthusiasm in school. If you walk by my class at anytime during school hours, you can find me either sleeping, day-dreaming, looking sour, not paying attention, reading novels or ignoring instructions and reading books. I have no 'semangat' for school at all. I think things would be different if I was still in the History class but I'm not. I chose to move to accounts and here I am, suffering the consequences. I feel so mentally exhausted. I just want a nice long vacation, far away form this place, to rejuvenate my mind. This day to day routine is boring me. I can't take it much more of it. I need more, more than just going to school, sitting quietly in class and coming home to homework, school work and work. I need more than a regular routine. I don't do regular, I can't. It's too much to handle, or too little to do (depends how you want to look at it). But what more can I do? How much different can I do things at this time of my life. I have school, I can't run away from that. The house need to be taken care off, it's a shared responsibility and work is work. I don't want to leave work. I would cry, but what difference would that make?

I'm going to skip school tomorrow so I hope I'll be able to get myself into the learning-drive by sitting at home and studying. I need a kick-start on my engines and tomorrow, I might just be lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment