Saturday, February 20, 2010

Delayed Posts..

I planned to update my blog on the night of my birthday but I was working the closing shift. So then I postponed till the next day. Unfortunately, the internet was giving some problems. Therefore, I'm going to update the happenenings of the past few days here and now :)

14 February 2010:
That was an awesome day. Church was fun because I was wishing everyone Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's while they we all wishing me Happy Birthday. Mass was quite calming for me as well. Then we went for lunch. The family was complete though kind of complicated. My mother, brother, father, step-mother, and half-brother were all there. Also, Cassy (brother's girl) was there too. We had lunch at a restaurant called Sure Pizza. The food was great! I had a great time. However, my father and brother (who are so alike but they don't know it) complained about anything and everything they could. The food wasn't great, the prices were off and blah blah blah. I was a little mad. I wanted a nice lunch with my family but they have to damper it with their constant whining. All this was because they have huge egos and they think that their cooking is the best even though it actually isn't. Anyway, I told them off and they kept quiet. They even complimented a thing or two. The presents were awesome too. I got a jacket and make up set from my dear brother and his girl. Mom made me an awesome powerpoint presentation. Dad gave some money and a cake. All in all, lunch was enjoyable.

Then I went to work. as soon as I entered, June gave me a huge hug. The Anba wished me Happy Valentine's (he forgot my birthday). My heart was breaking. But then he came to me and apologised for forgetting. He hugged me and wished me too. Then Dante gave me a present even though he only found out about my birthday on that day itself. I had fun. After I was done with my closing duties, Nadiah gave me a charm for my bracelet and a cute letter. I can definitely say that turning 18 was great!

***

Skipping ahead till today:
Nadiah started as a dub at Friday's today. She looked like she was enjoying it. I love having her around too. Everyone seems to like her as well. Some people think she's kind of shy but that's just because it's her first day. I was shy too on my first day. Now look at me. I'm loud and laughing all day with the dubs. She'll be ok, I'm sure of it.

Anyway, June and I had a language class from the Philipinos at Friday's. Matabak (chubby) is what I call Barney(Firdaus) and Dante. Payat(slim) is Anba. Guapo(handsome) is Dominic and Adrian Boss. Tito(uncle) is Bernard @ Bernie. Aso(dog) is anyone who gets on our nerve. We'll continue the lesson tomorrow!

On another note (which is still related to Friday's), I got my salary yesterday. But since it's the weekend, it'll only clear on Tuesday. I can't wait to pay my own phone bill and electricity bill. I also want to go shopping. I want to get a nice blouse or maybe I wont get anything. I just want to see the figures on the ATM machine screen. :)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment