Monday, December 21, 2009

Parking Maniacs!

So this is the topic of the day.....

Have you ever been in a parking area trying to look for a free space for almost 30mins? :: I have
Have you ever been in a parking area trying to look for a free space for almost 30mins, then have it stolen from you by some rude, don't-know-where-you-got-your-licence-from driver?? :: I have

I went to MidValley today with my Mom for lunch. I spent like half an hour (maybe more, maybe less. I didn't actually check the time) just driving around in the parking bay looking for a spot. We went round and round... and round and round and round... without finding one single spot. No one was leaving. Or maybe they were, but just not somewhere we could see. Anyway, after a few rounds, we thought of sending the car for a wash so that the car-wash guys could park it for us (also, the car needed a wash(:). BAD IDEA! It costs RM28.50 just to wash your car in MidValley (as the Malaysians say "Cekik Duit Man!"). So we decided to try again. Round and round we went, once more. Here's the good part though; just as we were about to give up, one lady (who was heading towards the lift, having just parked her own car), pointed out to us a car that was leaving. ALLELUIA! Eventually, we parked and finally entered the mall. Once there, we spent about the same amount of time (once again, I'm not sure because I didn't check the time) in the mall because it was late and we had to get back.

That was just crammed parking bays and good people. Now I move on to terribly rude, don't-know-where-you-got-your-licence-from drivers. When we got back to the office (UMMC/PPUM) I dropped my mother off and went to look for parking. This was probably the worst part of the day. I went all the way up (there's about 9 levels in the parking building) and found not one space. So I made my way back down. On the 7th level, while waiting in line for the cars to move (there's usually a jam because people park, pay their tickets, then leave), a man walked to a parked car on my right. It was perfect. He could easily reverse out, and I could easily move in. Or so I thought. The driver in front of me immediately took that spot. Apparently, he didn't see me SIGNAL! I was mad of course, but I calmed down and continued searching. Then on the 3rd level, the same thing happened again. This time it was slightly worse. I was already moving into the lot, and another driver just sped in. UNBELIEVEABLE!

Talk about utter rudeness. I did find a place eventually but I just can't get past how rude people can be in parking lots. It so frustrating and irritating and maddening! I mean really, didn't they teach you common courtesy in driving class? Or maybe at home?? Where are your manners??? Seriously, everyone should enrol in etiquette classes. It might do them some good.

p.s: I wish I had taken a picture of these cars. I could post it, embarrass them, and they wouldn't even know it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment